Just like spray on sex appeal, an instant (legal) mood lift is pretty much a fallacy. Or is it? I’ve written an abundance of words on how to shift your mental state, find clarity, seduce yourself and beat the blues but most of them require the long game approach. So this time I’m focusing on the small things you can do to instantly make you look on the brighter side of life (because trust me I’ve tried them all).
When you’re feeling really flat and anybody suggests that you should ‘lighten up’ or ‘smile’ I know that the only thing you really feel like doing is punching them. So on that note I’ll just leave this list of ideas right here for when you may need them.
- Rub your face on anything furry, or roll around in a cocoon of an incredible array of textures
- Buy candles
- Drink 1 x bucket of Amaretto Sours
- Stand on your head – extra blood flow to the head increases positivity
- Dance in Yo Undies – For details read here
- Go to a cup cake shop and have a bite of EVERYTHING
- Lie in bed and scroll through the Fuck Jerry’s Instagram account for hours and laugh til you cry
- Apply red lipstick – hey, looking happy has a knock on effect
- Sniff vanilla or lavender – both scents are known to stimulate the release of endorphins in the body
- Jump into a large body of water and yell as loud as you possibly can
- Do a poo. Pooing stimulates the nerve endings in your bum (also wanted to check you’re still reading…)
- Buy yourself a bunch of flowers – because they’re pretty
- Spend all your money on something Chanel, Alexander Wang or YSL and commit to the fact that life is better with luxury goods, even if you are starving
- Jump out of a plane – Adrenaline causes natural stimulation of serotonin
- Orgasm – Applicable in all scenarios and a guaranteed mood enhancer
- Get fistfuls of glitter and throw it, EVERYWHERE.
Smiles & Love,
Posted by jlm | May 15th, 2016 | One Comment